There are several things to do or bring before arriving to and after your lash appointment.
Before Your Lash Appointment
There are a few guidelines that would be helpful for you follow in order to ensure your lash appointment goes smoothly and allows for your lash extensions to have better retention and have longer lasting results. Following these guidelines will mean your appointment is enjoyable and relaxing and results in beautiful, eye-catching lashes.
Things to know before your lash Appointment.
1. Lash extensions will not stick to dirty or oily lashes.
- Thoroughly remove all eye makeup before your appointment, especially mascara.
- Your lashes must be free of all makeup, oily makeup removers, and facial moisturizer residue in order for the lash extensions to properly adhere to each single, natural lash.
- To thoroughly remove any left over residues I recommend using a sudsy wash of Johnson’s baby shampoo.
- Tip: Mix four parts distilled water with one part Johnson’s baby shampoo in a four ounce travel-size bottle. Use the mixture at home as a daily lash cleanser, and be sure to use a clean, fluffy eye makeup brush to gently clean your lashes and lash line daily.
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing.
- You will be relaxing on a warm, comfortable table while your new lashes are carefully applied. Feel free to rest while your lashes are being applied, so do not feel embarrassed or worry if you fall asleep during your appointment, this is very normal and clients often enjoy a nap during their appointment.
- Feel free to bring your earphones to listen to your favorite book or music.
- Bring your contact case and glasses, it is important to remove your contacts for this service.
Arriving at Your Lash Appointment
Arriving 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time will ensure that we have time to address any questions or concerns you may have. We will discuss your lashes and your individual style, look, and please feel free to bring a picture of your desired look . We recommend scheduling your follow up appointment before your leave your appointment for two to three weeks for a fill.
If this is your first Appointment…
On your first visit you will want to arrive 15 minutes early for a consultation and paperwork. This first visit will take approximately one to two hours depending on which set of lashes we have you scheduled for. This time includes prep, application, and consultation for home care. Home care instructions will be given to you at your initial lash appointment.
After Your Lash Appointment
Home care is an important part of your lash routine, you will want to be sure to use a mild cleanser like Johnson’s baby shampoo or Eyelash wash for Lash Extensions to clean your lashes and lash line. As your natural lashes go through their growing cycles, they will shed two to five natural lashes a day, along with the extensions that they are attached to. Depending on the type of lashes you have chosen; Classic Lashes, Volume Lashes or Hybrid Lashes…you will want to schedule your fill appointments around every two, three or four weeks depending on what type of lash style you desire. Your fill will be similar to your initial visit and will keep your lashes looking fresh and new. Most people find it nice to not wear as much makeup, this gives them the freedom of more time to enjoy in the mornings without a busy makeup routine. Most clients have noticed clearer skin while wearing lashes due to not needing makeup as well as longer lash extension retention. This helps enjoy a more natural look and feeling to their skin and a beautiful look to their eyes with dark, full and fluffy lashes.
*And remember… it is not necessary to wear mascara with lash extensions. Mascara will also damage the lash extensions so we recommend tinting the lower lashes if you feel more comfortable with a darker look to your lower lashes.
Thank you, and I hope you love your lashes…